Saturday, October 27, 2007

A few minutes.....

It took me a few minuets to decide what I'd like to post about today. And I truly only have a few minutes to spare, so here's my thoughts.
I know I have neglected my blog for the past 6 months. I am still trying to get used to being out of the house most of the day. After spending almost 20 years at home with my kids and only working part time occasionally, it is a new experience for me to not be in control of my home at all times......not that it is ever under control but you know what I mean.....LOL. Anyway, I am looking to, again, try to gain some kind of peace and contentment with my life. I am very tired of the way things have been in the past and am determined to change that. That's why I'm in school. BUT....I miss being at home. I miss having the time to spend with my kids with no worry about the next assignment or test. I spend a TON of time doing school work at home and it's really taking a toll. Not to sure what I'm going to do, but leaving school is not an option. I have to do something to better our life. Anyway, today I'm going to spend the day working on the house, being with the kids and sewing Halloween costumes. We are in a very sorry state financially so we are improvising this year. With little extras purchased I'm putting together things we have here to make Hannah into a devil girl, Emma into a flower fairy and Caleb into a Poe....which is a ghost thing from the Legend of Zelda games. So...I may be spending maybe 15$ altogether on their costumes. That's only 5$ per kid...not bad I think.
The picture I have posted is from the American impressionist artist Mary Cassatt. (I had an art class not to long ago) Even before I took art I loved her work. She does alot of mother with child studies. They are all so beautiful. This piece is called "Young Mother Sewing". If you do a Google image search under her name you can see many of her paintings. Here is a link to a site you can go to to read more about her..... Mary Cassatt. I hope you take th time to look her up. I think you will enjoy it. Later Gaters, Kai!


1 comment:

Kayla said...

You've been tagged!!!

http://armyoffive.blogspot.com/2007/10/buzzards.html