Thursday, February 15, 2007

Cold, coats, breaks and hot water.

It is sooooooooo cold. I broke down yesterday, when it was 15 degrees outside, and bought me a nice big coat. I haven't owned a real coat in years. I am usually ok with sweaters or a fleece jacket. But I was just too cold and had to do it. Right at this moment it is 17 degrees out with a wind chill factor of 7. I haven't dealt with cold like this since we left Alaska! Okay....I suppose I will quit gripping about summer now.....LOL.

We lost the breaks on the van last week. I had to slam them to avoid a jerk that cut me off. And then we lost all the break fluid. I took it to my friends husband and he replaced the rear wheel cylindar and the shoes. Now they are better. It's a good thing too cuz we have snow on the roads now and it would not have been good the way they were before. I am very greatful that he is able to do some work for us. It is much cheaper than taking it in to a shop.

Last but not least.....we have no hot water right now. We forgot to run it in this cold and it froze. We do have cold....praise God....but no hot. It's supposed to get in the 40's tomorrow....so hopefully it will thaw....and also hopefully it won't have busted a seam. Keeping my fingers crossed. SO....if you have cold weather comming, don't forget to leave your water running...and not just the cold....some hot as well. That's my advice for today.

Okay...my toes are cold...I'm going to go find my slippers and turn the heat back up. Take care. Later Gaters, Kai.

No comments: