Friday, February 09, 2007

Long time...no blog

I was informed by my single loyal reader that it has been a while since I blogged last. So....Miss Kayla...here I am! LOL!!! Things have been a bit crazy around here in the past couple of months. First the holidays...they always seem to put me in a tail spin. Then I was without my meds for a couple of weeks....don't wanna do that EVER again! Then we had several snow and ice storms around here. Kids ended up having a WHOLE week off due to the crappy road conditions. On top of it all I have been having some bad troubles with my back hurting. It has kept me in bed, and on the hot pad an awful lot the past few weeks. I sure wish it would quit so I can go on with life. Or at least some semblance of one.....LOL.
On the up side.....durring the week sebaticle the kids had off from school, we managed to switch the bedrooms around. I put the 3 in the master bedroom and moved my bed into their room. They now have alot more room and spend WAY more time playing and hanging out back there instead of out in the livingroom. It's been kinda nice. Before they would never just go play in the bedroom cuz it was cramped and we couldn't keep it clean.....Now it's nice and tidy, most of the time, and they have a TV...I left mine in there. They can watch or play games. We watch movies in there on the weekend and snuggle under blankets with soda and pop corn. It's alot of fun. I am pleased that I decided to do it. My room was only used as a dumping ground and to sleep in anyway. Kids are happy to and that's the best thing.

THE BEST TIME OF YEAR!
I love the holidays, but they stress me out. My favorite time of year is when we get tax returns. My dh would probably think I'm a bit greedy or something, but the reason isn't rooted so much in money as it is in the need to do alot of things we can't do without money and never have any for. Like...I am in desperate need of new glassese. Emma go a hold of mine and lets just say....they now sit crooked on my face and I can't keep the right lens in. Also....we have been putting off car repairs. Now we can get those done. I am very grateful we can take care of our needs with the returns. It is so helpful I can't even say. Most of the time it's hand to mouth, paycheck to paycheck. There isn't any extra to take care of things like glasses or repairs. Now we can and it feels good. I sure hope this doesn't sound too crass. It is just how I'm feeling right now is all.
Okay....off to get back on my hot pad. It is another bad back day. Gonna take some Doans and rest again. I'd like to do some other things, but I just cannot move. Later Gaters, Kai.

1 comment:

Kayla said...

Sorry your back isn't better but praise God for the tax return!

Glad to see you blogging. Keep doing it! LOL