Friday, October 14, 2005

Meat, Meat and more Meat!!!

Meat, meat and more meat. I am on a quest. I want to have my freezer FULL of meat. That way I don't have to worry about it. In actuallity I want a years worth of food storage here, at least. Wasn't very sure where to start, so I am starting with meat. Something I know I will use. Last week Alberson's had assorted pork chops for $1 a pound. So, I got 20lbs of it and seperated it up into double freezer bags of 6 chops each. Got 6 bags out of 20lbs. Buy for less had country style ribs for .99c a pound. I got 10lbs of that, 2 packages. So I just put one pkg each in the freezer bags. Now today Albertson's ad changed. They have boneless skinless chicken breasts and tenders for 1.69lb., regular price was $3.49. Almost a $2 savings per lb. So I got 10lbs of whole breasts and 5 of tenders. There are now 6pkgs of chicken in the freezer. It is now about half to a third full of meat. I want it stuffed to overflowing!!! On from there...I'm going to start on canned goods. Probably go to Aldi's for that. I want to get some cheap pvc pipe shelves from Walmart and put them on top of the built in dresser in my bedroom for canned goods. We are getting alot more money than we are used to spending on food from the state for now, so I thought it might be wise to start some kind of storage with it. Makes me feel good to know that we are starting to get things more in order. More later, Kai.

No comments: