Thursday, November 10, 2005

Fall has fallen!


IT'S FALL!!! FINALLY IT IS FALL!!! It has been record heat here for more than a week here, but it is finally feeling more like autumn. And it puts me in the mood for PUMPKIN!! So this evening I made a pumpkin cake. It's a recipe that my mother inlaw gave me and it's a super yummy one. You use a cake mix and make up pumpkin like you would for a pie and after it's baked the cake is on top and the pumpkin is on bottom and it is to die for!!! I can't wait to dig in!!! I'm gonna get a big piece here in a minuet. I love pumpkin. I don't like it as a pie...Unless I can just eat the filling and not the crust....LOL. But this cake is wonderful and I make a MEAN pumpkin roll as well.

We are off to my parents for Thanksgiving here in about 9 days and I am VERY excited about it. We went last year and it was a lot of fun. I am hoping to get a lot of scrapbooking done with my sister and have the kids all do some crafting and just kick back and relax and attempt to forget my troubles for 9 whole days! God watch over us that we will be safe from harm.

Well....Survivor is on...so off for now to watch and snarf some cake. More later, Kai!

No comments: