Saturday, November 12, 2005

Thank God for Small Favors!!


So...we are leaving to have Thanksgiving with my family on the evening of the 19th. I am really excied about the trip, but I don't fancy traveling for 16+ hours with 3 kids under the age of 8. And one being under 2! SOOOO....as I did last year, I am borrowing a portable DVD player, kinda like the one to the left. It has 2...count em...2 screens that are detached from the base and can attach, via a strap, to the backs of the font seats in our van. Needless to say, this helped us ALOT last year!!! We actually didn't own any DVD's when we used it last year. We borrowed movies from a friend and Marks brother. BUT we bought a DVD player since and now own about a dozen or so films. Now...the kids have watched our movies a lot, but that's ok. I am going to buy one new one. Probably Robots or maybe Charlie and the Chocolate factory. Not sure which yet. Then I am also going to try to borrow a few others from my friend again. Anyway, I digress. The point I wanted to make was.... though having their heads stuck in the TV screen all the time isn't the best thing in the world.... having movies on a long trip is the BOMB!!! I would really like to get one of our own. I am going to look into maybe putting one on layaway at Wally world after Christmas, and finish paying it off with Tax returns. That way I don't have to borrow it whenever we want to use one. I think it would be well worth the investment. Peace and quiet goes a long way on an arduous journey!!! Okay, time for bed y'all! Later Gaters. Kai

No comments: