Wednesday, August 24, 2005

The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly.....

Well the past few days have been pretty rough. I have a cold and Mark is in pretty bad shape right now. So, we are barely functioning at the moment. I did manage to clean up the kids bedroom the other day. It was a HUGE pit and took me most of the morning to do, but it is sooo much better right now. I sorted through all their toys and threw away lots of broken stuff. And put alot of them in thier "toy'' drawers. They have some plastic drawers and we seperated out things like blocks and leggos and put them in one drawer. Hannah's is pink and Caleb is primary colors. Hannah has the teeny beenie babies in her top drawer, her cooking toys in the middle and her tiny dolls and barbies in the bottom. Caleb has all his yugio dragons and cards in his top drawer, other small toys he likes in the middle and the blocks and leggos in the bottom. I found that if I got all these small toys seperated and where they could find them and not in the bottom of the big toy box, they were more likely to play with them. So this works really well for them. I let the bedroom go all summer, so I had to go through the big toy box and sort all the stuff out again cuz all the little things had gotten dumped back in there. I also had to dig a TON of stuff out from under the bed. But it's now done and it will be much easier to deal with for the school year like this.

I'm sick, and tired, and don't want to do anything today. I get pretty upset cuz Mark feels free to go to bed whenever he feels like it. Not that I have a problem with him sleeping, it's just that I don't have that freedom unless Emma is sleeping too. It's hard. I layed down at around 10 and she came back and would not leave me alone so I could rest. So, since she woke up so early, I nursed her and she actually fell asleep. So I was able to sleep for about an hour, then he came and woke me up to ask if I wanted anything from the store while he was out getting Hannah from kindergarted....well, I could not get back to sleep after that. I have a real hard time getting to sleep most of the time and him waking me didn't help me at all!!! Oh well.........I really shouldn't complain. I don't do that much anyway.

Well, I'm going to try to go get something done. I don't feel like it. But I need to at least try. Later, Kai.