Thursday, August 04, 2005

Nothing yet

Well, Mark is still unemployed. After 4 interviews with Union Bank in El Reno, they called him monday and told him thanks but no thanks. He was livid! Why in the world would you interview someone 4 times then NOT hire them??? That makes no sense at all!!! So he is at another interview right now and is going to go to 7-11 and see about maybe hiring on there. They start at 10 an hour and we need money!!! We can't keep going like this too much longer. He would SOOO rather stay in banking, but what can you do? No one seems to want to hire him. I, honestly, think his skipping around from job to job is REALLY starting to hurt him. The longest he's been at a job in the last 11 years is 2 years. I think employers are looking at his resume and thinking, "Why hire this guy? He isn't gonna stay here." It really has me worried. I hate to see him go back to retail. He really likes working at in banking. It has more prestege for him and MUCH better hours. He can have Sundays off for sure and all the weird federal holidays and know that he has Thanksgiving and Christmas off! You don't get that in retail.

We got on Food Stamps. I'm not to proud of it, but we didn't have a choice. The church food is ok, but it isn't enough. You can live on it, but it is extremely limiting. I am not ungrateful at all... It's just nice to be able to get more than one cold cerial. I was amazed at the amount they gave us. I NEVER spend that kind of money in a month on food!!! I can actually shop for stuff we like instead of settling for what we can afford...LOL. I still find myself bargin shopping though. I can't see buying name brand cerial when you can get generic or the bag stuff for about half the cost. I still want my money, all be it FS, to go as far as it can. I told Josh the other day that I'd be a really bad rich person, cuz I could never spend $100,000 on a watch or vehicle. It just isn't in me. I have spent to long being frugel that I could never just blow money like that. Not sure if that is a good thing or not...LOL.

School is just around the corner. It starts on Aug. 18th. I am hoping Marks parents will help us with supplies, but am not too sure if they will or not. I am stressing big time about it. They may just have to start without. I am anxious for school to be back though. I am ready to get back into a regular routine again. Since I no longer have daycare kids, I am much less stressed now. And that's nice. I don't think I will EVER do that again. I can handle my own kids, but dealing with someone elses is just too much for me. I am glad to be done with it. Now just to figure out how to get what we need for the kids to go back to school in a few days. I suppose we can ask the bishop, but I am not sure he can help with this. Oh well......it'll work out somehow...it always does.

Off for now. Need to get busy. Kai