Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Symptom of a larger problem

I'm sitting here balling and it started because the park is cutting down the only tree in our yard. The kids LOVE that tree. They climb in it, they sit in it's shade and enjoy it's ambiance. I am sooooo sad about this that I can hardley stand it. It just broke Caleb's heart when he found out his "swinging monkey tree" was gonna be gone. He cried and cried and is just so upset about it. I promised him that some day we would have a nice big house of our very own with a big tree and yard to have a puppy in. This is just what happened with Lucky all over again. When the other park wanted us to get rid of him. It just killed Josh. Luckily, my inlaws took him in and we get to see him whenever we want.
Thing is....this is just a symptom of a larger problem. It isn't really the loss of the tree that has me so upset...it is only a tree afterall. What I'm most upset with is the fact that we have no control over the situation. It's not our land, not our tree. The park owner can do whatever they want with it. If we had a life that would afford us a home of our own we wouldn't have to worry about things like this. I am tired of begging for help from the state and the church. I'm tired of living a half life. I'm tired of telling the kids no all the time because we can't afford something they want or want to do. Not that I would give them everything they want all of the time, but it would be nice to let Hannah have dance lessons and Caleb be able to take violin. Josh has never been able to be in a sport or do anything he has wanted either. I wish I knew what road to take. I wish there was something, ANYTHING I could do to make a better life for my children. I feel so useless. Kai

No comments: