Friday, August 19, 2005

Off again for another year!


Well....it was back to school yesterday. Can you say.... "YIPEE!!!!" Not that I don't love my kids. I do...I love them alot, but it is nice to get a break. I have concidered homeschooling, but I just decided I couldn't handle it. I don't get a break at all from this house or kids in general, so having them at school is a nice break for me. Besides....I can't keep the house clean, what makes me think I could handle homeschool...right???

Caleb started 2nd grade. I can't believe how big he has gotten!! How grown up he seems now. He is really excited about being able to go to the Gifted Class all year instead of just the last few weeks. He is REALLY smart and I am sooo proud of him. Hannah started Kindergarten. She is in half day morning class. So she gets to eat breakfast in the morning with her Bubby. She is sooo thrilled!!!

And Joshua is now a Junior in High School. I can't believe in 2 short years he will be graduated, 18 and, if he wants, off on his own. I wouldn't mind if he wanted to stay here longer. And he will ALWAYS have a place to live. I would really like to see him have some kind of schooling or vocational training before he went out on his own. I know he isn't going to go on a mission, but I would like to know he can take care of his own needs before he leaves. He is sooooooo anxious to get out on his own. He is going to be in for a rude awakening when get finds out what the REAL world is all about.

Anyway, I sayed with Hannah in her first day of Kindergarden yesterday and helped the teacher. I did the same thing with Caleb. It is a nice way to make sure they are ok and to help the teacher through the first day. Hannah went to preK last year, so she doesn't have a problem going to school at all. I was worried about Caleb since he didn't go to preK, but he did just fine too. So, anyway...it was good I went to help. One little boy's nose started to bleed while we were taking a tour of the school and I helped him so the teacher, Mrs. Parks, could deal with the other kids. It was alot of fun!!!! But they are on their own today. I took the kids to school and helped Hannah with her breakfast. But left after that. I may do that for a couple more days, but she needs to do it on her own soon. She can be kinda inattentive to details, so I want to make sure she understands what to do. Caleb doesn't have a whole lot of patiences with her.

Well...off to work on the laundry mountain in the back hall. I sure hope that I can make a bigger dent today. It has really gotten away from me lately and I feel like I need a chair and whip to tame it again. LOL Anyway, more later. Kai

No comments: