Thursday, April 20, 2006

Abbo's and Ocean's

My youngest child will be 2 in about 10 days. She is just adorable and as smart as a whip. My husband and I are always amazed at some of the things she does that seem above her age leval and ability. For example: The other day I was sitting in my favorite spot reading my book and she comes to me and pulls on my pants and says..."Ocean, Momma. Ocean, Momma." Well, we do not live anywhere near an ocean, and I am pretty sure she doesn't know what one is. So I told her that I didn't understand her. She says it again....I give her the shoulder shrug and say again "what baby? What do you want? I don't understand." She puts her hands out infront and says, holding out one hand..."Abbo" which translated is apple, and that I did understand. Then, with the other hand out says...."Ocean, Mommy. Ocean." She was correlating apples and ORANGES to get her point across so I could understand what she wanted. She knew that we keep them both in the same drawer in the fridge and the somehow they were related. IE, both fruit or something. It just floored me that she could make that kind of connection at her tender age. What a smart baby!!!

No comments: