Monday, April 17, 2006

Strawberries, triffles, and messes.....

OH MY!!! Ala, Wizard of Oz...Lions and tigers and bears....OH MY! First it was Emma dumping a couple of quart pkgs of Strawberries on the floor and scrambling to get a couple "Bewwies" squirrled away to the "LeeWomb" so she could eat them. Amid stiffled giggles, I washed and hulled her a couple and sent her to the "LeeWomb" aka livingroom, to eat them. Then yesterday I made a brownie, vanilla pudding, strawberrie triffle for dessert and it SUCKED!!! To put it mildly. Flavors woulda been fine but for the fact that it was hot here yesterday and my fridge just didn't get very cold and the pudding didn't set well....so we had brownie, vanilla pudding, strawberry soupy slop for dessert last night. Marks family all said it was fine, but I was WAAAYYYY bummed!!! I am gonna try to make one again....this time with better pre-planning and more time instead of rushing it.

The Easter bunny made his yearly visit yesterday and the kids were all thrilled. Josh wasn't happy cuz I made him go to church and he had to turn right around after and work an 8 hr shift at Braums. Oh well.....he's finding out what life is all about is all I have to say. The girls looked really cute in their new Easter dresses and the boys looked oh so handsome. Even if my black wearing teen was in powder blue.....he looked so nice. What can I say....I make pretty kids...LOL. As soon as I can get Josh to email me the pics I had done on Friday I will post them.

Well, I'm off to try to accomplish something around here. The mess part of my title is the whole bloody house...as usual. The living room is trashed from Easter festivities with grass from their baskets all over the place. Laundry is backed up....again. And the Kitchen is too scary to even try to describe. I hope to get a least some of it done. Wish me luck. Later Gaters, Kai. PS....dinner is Sloppy Joes, some kind of rice mix, baby carrots with ranch dressing and some red grapes that were on sale. Kai

1 comment:

Kristen Kai said...

Thanks a bunch, Eileen. I agree totally. I find Him in the greatest places every day. Especially in my childrens smiles and laughter. My greatest pay ever! Later, Kristen