Thursday, April 20, 2006

A change of plans....

So dinner yesterday was supposed to be homemade chicken fingers with taters and gravey, and green beans.....Well, Marks boss wanted me to come take care of the clothes at the store (which I do once a week) and so I wasn't able to get to make chicken fingers. Was planning on doing it today, but while I was at Walmart I saw a bag of tortilla mix and decided I wanted to try to make some of my own. SOOOOOOOOO.....my plan for dinner has changed. I am going to make chicken fajitas with homemade pico de gallo and guacamole and chips. Sounds really good to me right now. I just love mexican food! It's my favorite.

PICO DE GALLO

5 large tomatoes, seeded and diced
1 large onion, diced
1 jalapino pepper, seeded and finely minced (leave the seedes and rib if you want it spicier)
1 bunch celantro, chopped
salt to taste

Mix all these things together in a bowl and chill for at least an hour, more if you can, so the flavours can mingle. Serve with tortilla chips for dipping or use as a condement on tacos or fajitas! SOOOOO good!

GUACAMOLE

4 avacados, peeled
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
3 Tablespoons premade salsa
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon garlic powder
salt to taste

Mash avacado and add remaining ingredients. Taste and season to your taste. You can add hot sauce if you want more spice or add medium or hot salsa. I use mild cuz my kids don't like it hot. I have to usually double the recipe cuz they all inhale it so.

Hope you like these. Remember....they are just the way I do them. I'm not 100% sure if the amounts are right cuz I am writing them from memory. Sorry if it's wrong in any way. Later gaters, Kai.

No comments: