Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Kids n' Cookies


Well.....Mark had a meeting on the south side of town today and I didn't have a way to get Hannah home from Kindergarten, so she stayed home, which upset Caleb, so he stayed home too. Then Josh woke up with a sore throat, so he's here as well....UGH! Oh well...no biggie. We'll just have a fun day watching movies and baking cookies together. We're gonna do a batch of Snickerdoodles and Chocolate chip if I don't get too burned out. I make wicked, kick butt cookies, if I do say so my self. So...Here's my recipes for anyone interested.....


Snickerdoodles

1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar (I used light brown)
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
]/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
Topping
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon

In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars at high speed. Add egg, vanilla, and beat until smooth. In another bowl, combine flour, salt, baking soda, and cream of tartar. Pour dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, mix well. Preheat oven to 300° while you let dough rest 30-60 minutes in fridge. In a small bowl combine topping. Take about 2 1/2 tablespoons of dough and roll it into a ball. Roll this dough in the cinnamon/sugar mixture and press onto greased cookie sheet. Bake cookies 10-12 minutes, NO MORE. *Cookies may seem undercooked but will develop. Don't roll your dough into too big of a ball; they may not turn out in that much time if you do that. It's a very good cookie, it's just all a matter of getting the cooking time right.

Kick butt Chocolate chip Cookies

1 cup softened butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
2 eggs
2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon each baking powder and baking soda
1-12 oz pkg semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In large mixing bowl, cream together butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla. In different bowl, mix together flour, salt baking powder and baking soda. combine the wet and dryt ingredients. Stir in the chocolate chips. With fingers, place golf ball sized dought portions 2 inches apart on and ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 9-10 minuets or just until edges are light brown.

Okay...my biggest thing I do to make my cookies extra good is I alway try to use real butter and not margarine and I also try to use real vanilla. Sometimes I don't have those things and have to make due, but I like spending the extra little bit to make them as good as I can. Hope you like the recipes. Later Gaters....I'm off to make a mess...LOL. Love, Kai.

3 comments:

Dawn said...

snickerdoodles are a fave....they remind me of my grandmother, mimi..she always had them in her cookie jar...

Kristen Kai said...

I have an aunt Mimi...LOL. And we call our daugher, Emmaleigh, Mimi some times. The cookies turned out great. Thanks, Dawn. Kristen

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to try the recipes out, thanks!